If you’re looking to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, there’s no better way than to make a traditional corned beef and cabbage. The recipe below comes to us from cooks at All Recipes and has gotten good reviews. And it looks about as simple as it gets.
Give yourself a few hours of cook time.
Corned Beef and Cabbage
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 2 Hrs 25 Min
Ready In: 2 Hrs 35 Min
- 3 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 10 small red potatoes
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedges
- Place corned beef in large pot or Dutch oven and cover with water. Add the spice packet that came with the corned beef. Cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer approximately 50 minutes per pound or until tender.
- Add whole potatoes and carrots, and cook until the vegetables are almost tender. Add cabbage and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove meat and let rest 15 minutes.
- vegetables in a bowl and cover. Add as much broth (cooking liquid reserved in the Dutch oven or large pot) as you want. Slice meat across the grain.
Source: All Recipes