The dinosaur-like mainstream media is finally waking up to the fact that Herman Cain is an unqualified boob, who according to MSNBC host Joe Scarborough "Is making it up as he is goes along."
Cain recently put out two ads that are so bad, that they have become Internet hits and he also complained about being tired, even though he doesn't even have the nomination yet.
Of course Cain has no intention of actually becoming president, but he is still popular. In fact after saying that the black community had been brainwashed into voting Democrat for decades, it seems that Cain is more popular with white audiences.
Here are some reasons why:
- He makes the right-wing and the tea party look good. Whenever the right wing is accused of racism, they can point to Herman Cain as an example of how diverse they are. It doesn't matter that Cain, a multi millionaire, probably can't identity with most of the problems the rest of the black community faces. Cain is following the J.C. Watts plan and being a visible black Republican. Black Republicans are in short supply, so they always get plenty of air time.
- He is religious. White people admire the religiosity of the black community and Cain has that down. He is an associate minister and he loves Jesus. There is a reason slave masters converted bonded Africans to Christianity. It kept them pacified.
- He is a happy Negro. There is no way you could ever accuse Herman Cain of being an angry black man. In fact, he is the antithesis of that, he is always smiling and laughing. He doesn't have time to worry about the black unemployment rate, police brutality or wrongful incarceration. If blacks are suffering, according to Cain it must because they are lazy and are not praying hard enough!
- He is old and non threatening. Black men always have to deal with the threat of their sexuality. Barack Obama's has sex appeal. He wowed the women of "The View," when he went on the show. You don't have to worry about that with Herman Cain. He is probably the most asexual black man I can't think of. The only woman who finds him attractive is Mrs. Cain.
- He is dumb. Well, at least he plays dumb. Cain has a master's degree in computer science and was a success in Corporate America, so I assume that he has to be somewhat intelligent, but his serious gaffes and his willingness to play up his ignorance is troubling. But it does endear him to white people. He doesn't come across as more intelligent than they are, like Obama. There is no way he is going to be accused of being an "arrogant black man."
- He doesn't talk about racism. The word racism doesn't fit into the Republican agenda. They like to believe it doesn't exist. And who better than Cain, a black man to help disprove it. Republicans can say, "Why can't the rest of them be like him."