A sealed two-page declaration in support of an arrest warrant for murder suspect and ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner was released by a judge Tuesday, and it details the fugitive's alleged shooting attacks on law enforcement in Corona and Riverside early Feb. 7.
The document was filed Feb. 11 and it was put together by Riverside police Detective Greg Rowe, who requested at that time that it be sealed "(d)ue to the potential violence associated with this suspect, the threat to police officers and their families, the on-going criminal investigation, the fact that Dorner continues to avoid arrest, and the media attention this case has received."
Rowe stated in the declaration:
"On 2-7-13 at 0124 hours LAPD Officers were following up on threats in the City of Corona from a suspect, Christopher Dorner, who was wanted for a double murder in the City of Irvine. Dorner had written a manifesto in the social media alluding to his involvement in the murder of the couple in Irvine and outlining his desire to kill police officers from LAPD.
"Domer was identified as being a former LAPD officer who was fired, which he explained was his motivation for killing certain LAPD officers who were involved in his firing or their family members.
"LAPD Officers were contacted in Corona by a citizen, who saw the news coverage of Dorner and that he was wanted for the murders in Irvine, Ca. LAPD Officers located Domer and his vehicle a dark grey Nissan Titan pickup truck with CA license 8D83997 off Wierick Rd in Corona.
"LAPD Officers followed the vehicle to the area of Magnolia and the 15 freeway in Corona. While waiting for a backup to contact Domer, the suspect vehicle stopped and Domer exited firing multiple .223 caliber rounds from a rifle into the LAPD Officers vehicle.
"One of the officers received a grazing wound to his head. The vehicle was last seen fleeing eastbound Magnolia Ave from the shooting. An LAPD Officer positively identified Domer as the suspect who shot at he and his partner."
At about 1:33 a.m., information was relayed to Riverside police advising Dorner was last seen eastbound on Magnolia Ave in the Nissan Titan towards Riverside, Rowe said in the declaration.
"A few seconds later RPD Officers put out over the radio an 11-99 request, that an officer had been shot," Rowe stated. "Assisting officers from Riverside PD and surrounding agencies responded.
"An RPD Officer and his trainee were shot inside the police unit. The Officers were transported to Riverside Community Hospital. One of the officers was pronounced deceased at the hospital and the other received multiple gunshot wounds to both his arms."
Dorner died a week ago on Feb. 12, after he allegedly killed a deputy and wounded another in Seven Oaks, in the San Bernardino Mountains south of Big Bear.
A judge in Riverside unsealed the affidavit Tuesday Feb. 19 in response to requests from the Press-Enterprise and Los Angeles Times newspapers.
A pdf copy of the document is attached to this report.
Authorities believe Dorner is accountable for four killings in the space of ten days: a former LAPD captain's daughter and her fiancé in Irvine on Feb. 3, Riverside police Officer Michael Crain in Riverside on Feb. 7, and San Bernardino County sheriff's Detective Jeremiah MacKay in Seven Oaks on Feb. 12.
Crain was a graduate of Redlands High School and he attended Crafton Hills College in Yucaipa before he joined the Marine Corps. He was a resident of Beaumont. His funeral was Wednesday in Riverside and he was laid to rest at Riverside National Cemetery.
MacKay, who worked in Big Bear and Yucaipa, was a 15-year veteran with the department, Sheriff John McMahon said Wednesday. He was father of a 7-year-old daughter and a 4-month-old son. He was a resident of Redlands. His funeral is planned at 11 a.m. Thursday Feb. 21 at the San Manuel Amphitheatre, 2575 Glen Helen Parkway.
- UPDATE: Slain Detective 'Died Loving His Job and Serving the Community'
- DORNER REWARD: 'Due to High Volume of Calls' LAPD Issues Statement
- Dorner Death Scene: SWAT Captain Details Fugitive Ex-Cop's Final Hours
- Candlelight Vigil for Sheriff's Detective Slain in Final Confrontation with Dorner
- Funeral for Sheriff's Detective Jeremiah MacKay: Date and Time Announced
- REDLANDS MOURNS: Slain Detective is Second Local Victim Tied to Dorner
- DORNER'S LAST STAND: Fugitive Kept Trying to Shoot More Deputies at Cabin
- DORNER INVESTIGATION: Gunshot Wound to Head Appears Self-Inflicted
- DORNER IS DEAD: Confirmed ID of Charred Remains Made in Autopsy
- VIDEO: Thousands Mourn Loss of Slain Riverside Police Officer Michael Crain
- MANHUNT SHOOTOUT: Angelus Oaks Family Recalls Massive Response on 38
- DORNER MANHUNT: Mountain Search for Alleged Cop-Killer to Go Thru Night
- Murder Charges Filed Against Chris Dorner in Redlands High Grad's Death
- Funeral Service Information for Slain Riverside Police Officer Mike Crain
- $1 Million Reward Offered For Dorner's Capture
- LAPD Chief Beck's Full Statement on Reviewing Dorner's Termination Case
- DORNER MANHUNT: Armed Deputies Vigilant on Snowbound Mountain Roads
- DORNER MANIFESTO: Rogue Officer Posted His Plan for 'Last Resort' Online