A search for accused triple homicide suspect and rogue ex-LAPD cop Christopher Jordan Dorner will continue overnight in the San Bernardino Mountains, a sheriff's spokeswoman said in an announcement distributed at 5:30 p.m. Monday Feb. 11.
There's been no sign of Dorner in the Big Bear area since Thursday, when he allegedly shot and killed Riverside police Officer Michael Crain in Riverside, and a burned-out Nissan Titan confirmed to be Dorner's was discovered on a forest road near Club View in the Big Bear Lake area.
"Thirty law enforcement personnel are continuing to search for Christopher Dorner and provide additional patrol to the residents of the Big Bear Valley," Jodi Miller of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said.
Deputies are continuing to search vacation homes and government-lease cabins that are in a remote area of the mountain forest, Miller said. Aerial support is available if needed.
"There have been no sightings of Dorner in the Big Bear area," Miller said.
The search will continue Tuesday morning with the same amount of personnel, Miller said.
Rifles, a camping stove, a cot and propane gas supplies were found inside Dorner's burned-out truck, and one of its axles may have broken before it burned, according to law enforcement sources cited in multiple news reports Saturday.
Dorner, a military-trained marksman believed in possession of assault weapons, is accused of killing Crain on Feb. 7, and a former LAPD captain's daughter and her fiancé in Irvine on Feb. 3.
Crain, a U.S. Marine Corps veteran and 11-year officer in Riverside, graduated from Redlands High School, attended Crafton Hills College in Yucaipa, and lived in Beaumont, Riverside police said when they publicly identified him Sunday.
"The search for Christopher Dorner will continue until he has been apprehended or it has been determined that he is no longer on the mountain," Sheriff John McMahon said.
Anyone with info about Dorner and his whereabouts was urged to call 911. A $1 million award was offered Feb. 10 for information leading to his capture and conviction.
- Murder Charges Filed Against Chris Dorner in Redlands High Grad's Death
- Funeral Service Information for Slain Riverside Police Officer Mike Crain
- $1 Million Reward Offered For Dorner's Capture
- LAPD Chief Beck's Full Statement on Reviewing Dorner's Termination Case
- MANHUNT: Search For Rogue Former Cop Continues
- DORNER MANHUNT: Armed Deputies Vigilant on Snowbound Mountain Roads
- Winter Storm Warning for Mountains Where Dorner Search is Under Way
- DORNER MANIFESTO: Rogue Officer Posted His Plan for 'Last Resort' Online