Crystal Springs and Panorama Point, and they hope people will do so by attending the next city council meeting.Activists in the Redlands area are calling for residents to show support of scenic and historic designations for
Here's info from a flyer distributed this week:
Help Save Redlands' Panorama Point and Historic Crystal Springs
Redlands City Council Meeting Tuesday, October 15th 6:00 pm
Support the Scenic and Historic Designation for Crystal Springs and Panorama Point http://ci.redlands.ca.us/clerk/agenda/131015-agenda.pdf
If you can’t attend the public hearing email your city council members and tell them why they should grant the historic and scenic designation to Crystal Springs and Panorama Point.
* The site of the ﬁrst area water bottling company “Crystal Springs Water” 1887-1897
* Homestead of George Heron early Redlands settler and “Chicago Colony” member
* Former Serrano Native American village site located next to the Natural Spring
* Site of Gold Mining in Redlands
* Connector for the "Emerald Necklace"
* Questionable purchase and title by out of town owner for $125,000 at auction (approximately 60 acres)
* Located below Panorama Point and I-10 Freeway
* Site of ﬁrst stage coach road and stop between Redlands and Yucaipa
* Site given to the city of Redlands by George Heron
* View Shed and Rock Platform built and dedicated to Redlands Citizens in the 1930's
* Rock Platform recently restored by Redlands Conservancy
* Clear Day view from the Ocean to the Desert.
* A true Redlands Historic and Scenic Treasure
* Don't let development destroy the view. Help support the Scenic and Historic Designation.
Talk, Tweet, Facebook, Call, Email friends and spread the word.
For more info contact Amanda Frye at email@example.com.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something